"The larger and more complicated the project, the more value we add."
Any successful business solution involves People, Processes and Tools. Unless all three work together success is compromised.
Successful Projects require Project Management, Leadership and
Controls. Project Managers manage projects and Project Sponsors or
Owners provide vision and leadership. Project Control is all about
managing time and cost information to support timely and good decision
making by the Project Manager and Sponsor.
A good Project Controller looks at, but is not limited to:
- The Schedule - A good schedule is not just a list of tasks with dates, but a clear communication of how the project will be delivered successfully.
- The Costs - Costs are important but so is the cost of delays and understanding the cheapest way to reduce time or overall costs.
- Risks - Schedules typically show the completion date using P50 accuracy. In other words there is a 50% chance of the project finishing earlier or later. The next most common and useful set of dates is the P80 dates which are the dates with an 80% chance of being met or bettered.
- Project Information - The information from each area and how it is communicated and made useful for decision making.
- Project Dashboard - Each project has its own priorities and needs, so the project dashboard, or main reporting tool for communicating the overall health and status of the project, needs customising and usually changing as the project progresses.
ACE Project Systems can provide project services, from basic scheduling to full project planning and controls.