Microsoft Project is the best tool for scheduling projects. However, it is not without its problems. Happily most problems with using Microsoft Project stem from a lack of knowledge of how Microsoft Project works, or just plain lack of scheduling skills.
Your trainer, Rod Gill, is a professional project scheduler and planner and an expert user of Microsoft Project. Microsoft has recognised Rod's skills and his support of the Microsoft Project community by giving him their MVP for Project award every year since 1997. As of 2011 there are 44 Project MVPs in the world.
Microsoft Project users, once they have learnt to handle Tasks and need to move onto the next level of maturity, are ready for this more advanced course on scheduling Resources and more advanced reporting. This course teaches:
- Scheduling resources for time constrained and resource constrained projects
- Levelling resources
- Discussion of what time sheets can do for scheduling
- Creating templates for new projects
- Estimating Durations and Work accurately
- Sharing Views and other Microsoft Project items
- Advanced Views, Tables and Filters
- Advanced reporting
- All about Earned Value
- Time to workshop your own schedules
This course is a one day course backed up with email support for when you just can't get something from the notes to work.